The fourteen year-old and the sunlamp

Much condemnation over at the Daily Mail of a fourteen year-old girl hospitalised after spending too long on a sun bed.

It’s just as well given what happened, but I can’t help noting that she neglected to take off her bra.

Anyway. When I was at school, just down the road from this girl’s hometown of Barry, we set up a t-shirt printing business as a school project and a UV lamp was used somewhere in that process. One lad took it home and was delighted at the way it lit up his bedroom. Both he and his girlfriend were burnt and everyone knew how far they’d got. Which was quite far.

Leave a Reply